When a method is static then it can be invoked directly from the class level without creating an object. This is the reason for making a main() method static.
Points for static keyword
- A static method can be invoked directly from the class level
- A static method not requires any class object
- Any main() method is shared through entire class scope so it always appears with static keyword.
Points for static class
- Contains only static members.
- Cannot be instantiated.
- Is sealed.
- Cannot contain Instance Constructors.